15.9.10

The Paris That Belongs to Me

I would not say that I am a lover of Hemingway.  However, I am reading A Movable Feast right now, in honor of Paris.  I think Paris was good for Hemingway, and I think Hemingway is good for me in Paris.

Well in this book, Hemingway sees a pretty girl and says to himself, "You belong to me and all Paris belongs to me and I belong to this notebook and this pencil."  I was not inspired by a beautiful girl, but I was rather taken by these beautiful words.

So, today I explored my Paris.  I have not yet (for reasons that are too long and boring to recount here) moved into the apartment where I will be living this year.  Today I did a casual walk-by of my new home in the 15th arrondissement to introduce myself.

Here are good things I found chez moi:

My apartment is above a wine shop called Les Petits Bouchons.

There is a tiny little park nearby.

I found a pool within one and a half blocks.

During the day, there are people and people bustling and living.

A specialty shop around the corner and down the block sells fancy-lookin' foie gras.

Queen of the 15th,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment