28.2.11

Salon d'Agriculture

This weekend, I went to the biggest farm in the world.  At least, my host family told me that's what it was.  In fact, it's only the largest French agricultural convention, but I'll take what I can get.  The entire exhibition complex/village of Porte de Versailles was jam packed with all kinds of livestock, regional products, and food from around the world.

The whole thing was vaguely disorienting.  I felt like it was the lovechild of the Houston Rodeo and the Texas State Fair, except everyone was French and not all of the food came on a stick.

I am shocked by my own ability to imitate this technicolor cow.
Highlights included : pigs the size of ponies, a side of fried bananas with lunch, an unnecessary purchase of a jacket that smells like a farm, a kitty commune made of fish tanks, tshirts with horses on them, samples of Italian olives and a moon bounce shaped like a fruit basket.

I never knew there were that many kinds of sheep,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment