22.11.10

Florence/Firenze

Dawn had just broken as I lost my way from the train station to my hostel.  Enormous billowing cumulonimbus clouds were lit a light satiny gold against a sky pink and blue with sunrise.  In some places, an unhealthy gray-yellow interrupted the blue making it look like it was going to rain.  It did rain, in fact.  When it rains in Paris, everything is gray - the sky, the buildings, the people even.  The rain makes Florence more vivid, the yellowing walls and red roofs gleaming.

Florence was divino.  I can't wait to go back to Italy!

Photo record of my trip:

Porto Vecchio
Banks of the Arno
Boboli Gardens
Palazzo Pitti
Palazzo Pitti
Firenze!
Santa Croce
Oh haaay, Dante!
O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?

Il Duomo
Il Duomo
Baptistry doors

And I got to see an old, dear friend, too!


Amore amore amore!
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment