4.11.10

It's official!

It is only today, November 4, 2010, my 70th day here, that I am fully a legal resident of France. Sometime the efficiency of French bureaucracy is astonishing.

Before I came to France, I got a visa. When I arrived, I sent in my housing information and visa to the OFII (Office Français de l'Imigration et l'Intigration) office. Today I had a doctor's appointment to be cleared healthwise and got my OFII sticker.

That's it?
Traveling outside of the Schengen area (most of Europe) before receiving the OFII thing in not advised, because you can be deported. England is especially inflexible about it, apparently. Good thing everything went well in Jordan!

Me: Am I supposed to keep this? OFII Woman: Yes, that's for you.
During my less than short wait at the OFII office, some friends and I revisited the wise words printed at the top of the pages in American passports.  I leave you with a favorite...

"We send thanks to all the Animal life in the world.  They have many things to teach us as people.  We are glad they are still here and we hope it will always be so."  
Excerpt from Thanksgiving Address, Mowhawk version

MDR*,
Maria

*Morte de rire (≈lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment