8.11.10

Un billet doux pour le Général Beuret


I live across the street from a groovy little bar/bistro called Général Beuret.  It appears that there's no real story behind Beuret, however it is a clever homophone of "beurré," which I believed can be translated to the colloquialism "plastered."

Général Beuret is a total neighborhood hangout.  From my window I can see the enormous blackboard where they write the day's specials and I can spy on the diners and drinkers.  There are always tons of people of all ages and sorts there.  It's friendly, relaxed, and (gracias a Dios) reasonably priced.  The staff always ask what you're having three or four times, but I like 'em, so that's alright.

The General has nourished my body and need for people-watching for some weeks now, so it's time to give a little back with a haiku:

thanks for that one time
when I got beer and fries
they changed my life

So local,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment